Do you feel fatigue, tired, sleepy, is it difficult to wake up in the morning, are you tired in the afternoons, do you need your caffeine, energy drinks, salty foods, or sweets to work, do you have low sexual drive, and are you stressed out?
Your adrenal glands may be overstimulated due to constant stress. Taking caffeine stimulates the adrenaline production, a hormone produced when the body is under stress. Your body is not supposed to be creating adrenaline all the time, but if you have a lot of stress or if you have a hormonal imbalance, you may produce more than it is supposed to and end up with Adrenal Fatigue. That would explain why it is hard for you to sleep, wake up, or have a normal sex life.
I recommend several small changes like:
- Eat healthier foods, rich in vegetables and low in sugar.
- Replace coffee with dandelion tea, so you're not producing so much adrenaline.
- Avoid eating carbohydrates at night so your cortisol level goes down at night. If the cortisol goes up you will not be able to sleep well, since cortisol is a hormone that when high, it helps to wake you up. There are many who believe that eating low in fat is better. Not if you have trouble sleeping.
- Take natural herbs like Ashwagandha, a adaptogen that helps to establish tranquility within your body.
- Take probiotics if you took antibiotics at some point in your life. But not just any brand.
Were you born by Caesarean section? Do you eat 30 grams of fiber per day or more? What kind of exercise do you do? Not all exercises are good for you if you have Adrenal Fatigue. There are many factors that influence your hormonal health.
There are many tips I can share. Which one to choose first? That depends on your particular situation. We're all different. Contact me for a free evaluation.