When hormone imbalance and stress increases, it is common to see people over 40 to gain weight, accumulating fat around the waist. As a Health Coach I recommend you make small changes at a time. Exercise to strengthen your muscles since they help you burn calories. Attempt eliminating sugar, including artificial sweeteners. Lastly, add these 7 foods in your diet.
- Ground flax seeds give you energy and help stabilize blood sugar
- Nuts, which help reduce fat storage
- Spicy (hot) sauces without any added sugar, which reduce insulin levels
- Cinnamon, which helps control sugar and lowers cholesterol
- Wild caught salmon, which is a good omega 3 source for inflammation, calcium and vitamin D
- foods high in fiber
- Water or lemon water, replacing sodas and juices (with or without sugar)